"The royal archmage can’t actually perform any magic. He just maxed out his Bluff and now he’s in way over his head."
Pumpkin Sugar Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting | Cooking Classy
(via purinjiken)Source: cookingclassy.com
So, I realised I never posted any photos from when I went to Scotland a few months back now. I started going through my pictures, and I found this.
LOOK AT HOW CUTE AND FLUFFY AND ADORABLE THE BABY COOS ARE OMG I WANT TO CUDDLE ONE ;w;
Highland cows are best cows <3
(via gnimaerd)Source: asreoninfusion
“Each week, millions and millions of upper middle class American citizens put on expensive dress clothes, and load themselves into SUV’s and drive past homeless shelters, orphanages, prisons, missions, and halfway houses on their way to a very expensive and nice church, where somebody tells them how to be more like Jesus”
— SA forums poster Captain Obvious
Wow, that is a well-chosen name.
(via doctordischordia)Source: vastderp
here is some stuff i am tired of in my young adult lit:
- our heroine tires of silly useless femme girls
- also those girls are probably bitches
- thoughtful/taciturn fathers and emotional/babbling mother
- everyone is an only child unless they have an annoying little brother
- protagonists with no interests, passions, or strong opinions
- (he was a demon/angel/vampire/werewolf/boggart/gremlin who cared about literally nothing until he met me and now we care about literally nothing but each other)
- condescension is sexy
- lol what are other women how do you friendship them
- this love triangle: popular or dangerous guy + heroine + her male best friend
- "well then maybe i don’t want to be a princess!!!" (feminine royalty as a gilded cage that you run away from in boots to join the joyously penniless)
- first person snark
- that was the summer my parents got divorced and my brother died and i moved across the country to live with my aunt who was friggin weird oh hey a cute boy
- as a girl you’re not liberated or powerful until you have a sword
- conversely as a girl don’t even worry your boyf has this under control
- our heroine needs to learn to lighten up and go with the flow
- why would he like me
- greyscale covers of kids in flowing garments outside during a storm getting pneumonia
(via clevergirlhelps)Source: delladilly
So, I’ve been waiting for someone to explain this extremely simple concept to me my entire life.
Hooooly shit I needed to read this article.
"When I interview leaders, artists, coaches, or athletes who are very successful, they never talk about perfectionism as being a vehicle for success. What they talk about is that perfectionism is a huge trigger, one they have to be aware of all the time, because it gets in the way of getting work done."